9/25/2007

Temple, Philosophy and Life

It's been a long time since I've updated and I'm sorry for that. I've been busy with my school work at Temple, commuting, working and finding time to be with my wife. All the same I should set some time apart to keep this updated.

Currently I've been working with reading Aristotle's Zeta from "Metaphysics" for my Greek Philosophy class. I've never had such a difficult time understanding anything until Aristotle. Though I'm philosophy student I'm horribly deficient in the area of classical philosophy and metaphysics. They are both areas that interest me (though not as much as Christian Philosophy) and learning about both has been a benefit to me intellectually, but also a challenge. The question "What is being" is something I thought about in a detached sense, but attempting keep up with "being" in the manner in which Aristotle tackles "being" is hard. In a future post I'll explain most of my findings and attempt to work out some parts of Zeta.

No comments: