6/10/2006

Well I've been ok for all those who care. I have a two year anniversary with my girlfriend next week. I'm planning something pretty cool. I hope she likes it. Anyone read any good books this summer? I finally finished the Iliad and (shudder) The Da Vinci Code its a horrible piece of trash, its not even that his facts are what made me mad, or that he attacks Jesus (as some crazy conservatives might say) its the fact that Dan Brown really isn't all that talented and that the novel is one of the worst I've ever read in my entire life. I would rather read a Dr. Seuss book (seriously Suss had more substance that Brown). Do not read that hunk of Garbage, may I rather suggest you read, The Everlasting Man by G.K. Chesterton. Great book, I'm not finished yet, but Chesterton is one of the brightest writers I've ever read. Incredible. Now these are two different genres, but you'll just have to believe me when I say that Chesterton beats (or Seuss) beats Brown any day. Can I just scold you Christians for a second and say that if your church is holding one of those Da Vinci seminars then you've played into the hands of Dan Brown. The guy wanted to shock the American church and now he's making millions because the Church is giving him free advertising. Don't believe me, why do you think I read the book? It worked at least once. Can I just too, that if anyone is stupid enough to buy into the claims made by Dan Brown, you don't deserve to call yourself a Christian. The whole world could be changed if the church bothered to take the time to educate their members and prepare them before hand so that the can be prepared for morons like Dan Brown.

2 comments:

smellslikeocean said...

good books-
The Vision and the Vow- Pete Greig
Red Moon Rising- also Pete Greig
Chasing Daylight- Erwin McManus
The Barbarian Way- Erwin McManus
and... In the Meantime- Rob Brendle


... what can I say? I'm a book worm...

relefan47 said...

Congrats on your 2-year anniversary man.

And I totally agree with everything you said about Dan Brown and his stupid book, which I have not read because I knew it was trash.