12/11/2005

Sydney's racist mob violence spreads

Its so unfortunate that Australia is going through this whole thing. It makes you wonder why this type of thing happens. Why must something such as a person's race or religious creed make us want to kill one another so? It really saddens my heart, people killing people has never and should never be the way to handle situations such as this. What perpetuates such violence? Why are people so angry? It sickens me to think that a human would have the ability to take another humans life. Life is such a precious thing, I would never want it taken away from me anymore than I would want to take it away from others. There is no religious justification for violence. The crusades and Jihad, there is no reason for things like this. I don't care what anyone says; to kill in the name of God makes me sick. If I could ask God one question it would be "Why in the Old Testament did you order the slaughter of people", I believe in God, I believe that the Bible is his Holy inspired word, but I still want to know why verses like Psalm 137:9 say what they say. Maybe this was the Psalmists thoughts on the whole matter and it was a Psalm of anger towards the Babylonian empire, but still there are other instances where you just have to step back and say, Why God? I guess what I may need to realize is that God in his all-powerful mercy knows what should be done and that ultimately we must trust in him and believe that he does things and allows things for a reason. "Will not God do that which is just?"

1 comment:

Davo9186 said...

I wholeheartedly agree. I think it is one of the saddest days in living memory for Australia. How did you come to hear about it? (I live in Sydney) You can find me at davecolemanonlinejournal.blogspot.com